The Cavaliers were founded in 1948, as the drum and bugle corps for Boy Scout Troop 111 in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood. Their growing reputation as one of the best of Chicago's neighborhood drum corps soon led the boys in the troop to reorganize themselves as a standalone operation, borrowing their name and logo from a brand of then-popular cigarettes, and choosing their colors of green, black, and white - a name, logo, and color scheme that have part of the corps history ever since.
As charter members of Winter Guard International (WGI), The Cavaliers have an impressive history in the winter guard activity.
The Cavaliers Winter Guard competed in WGI from 1978 through 1983, as well as 1985 and 1988, winning a total of five medals: one (1) bronze in 1980, one (1) silver in 1988 and three (3) gold in 1981, 1982 and 1983.
2009: Adolph DeGrauwe elected President of the Board of Directors when founder, Don Warren, steps down.
2012: Corps places 8th at DCI World Finals, lowest since 1984.
2015: Chris Lugo selected as Cavaliers Executive Director.
2016: Michael Cesario designs new iterative uniform to be customized per each show.
2019: Don Warren passes over the rainbow. Monte Mast selected as Cavaliers Executive Director.